After a very busy November, December is lining up to be even busier. Student Council held the first ever “Piederpuff” event, December 1 – a combination of a grades 9-12 Powderpuff Football Tournament, along with selling lots of pies and hot chocolate.
December is Advent and students are focused on the values and sense of giving to others that Advent represents.
- The National Honor Society (NHS) will conduct their annual Toys for Tots Drive; the entire JPII student body are asked to bring in new, unwrapped toys for Cape Cod children who otherwise may not experience the joy of opening gifts on Christmas morning. The goal is to distribute 350 toys.
- At the same time, NHS will collect non-perishable food items for the St. Francis Xavier Parish food pantry. Their goal is to deliver 2350 food items to the pantry.
- The second annual Street Reach Christmas breakfast for the homeless in Hyannis is scheduled for December 20th. JPII students will set up, decorate, cook meals and visit with the homeless in our community. Warm coats, socks, gloves and hats will be collected and distributed.
- The JPII NHS and the SFXP NJHS are spearheading a heart-warming event, “Breakfast with Santa” for over 100 foster children on Cape Cod. A pancake breakfast, fun crafts, pictures with Santa, and special gifts are planned.
- The JPII Student Council will conduct the annual (and favorite) Gingerbread House competition on December 21 at 3:00 pm. Students are invited to form a team in order to build the fanciest Gingerbread House on the block.